Nottingham internship opportunities guaranteed to boost your career prospects!
Nottingham internship Architectural Assistant required immediately to join a small but fast growing highly specialist Commercial Property Practice at our Head Office in Nottingham.
We are a young and dynamic company and are looking to provide a student with an active internship in Nottingham
. On joining you will be working within the discipline of architectural design or Interior design and planning on one of three distinct projects. Each Nottingham internship project will give you real experience of a commercial project which you will be able to use as a case study and reference for your future career. Please note, this is an active internship and you will be working on LIVE projects which will provide you with superb real life reference sites. These Nottingham internship projects will guarantee to improve your chances of employment.
Depending on your area of interest you could be working on one of the following projects
Nottingham internship Project 1
Working with the Projects Director on concepts and design treatments for Major National and International women luxury fashion brands. Please note these are live projects. At the end of the project you will be able to visit the store that you helped to design.
Nottingham internship Project 2
The change of use of an undercroft city centre car park to a restaurant Café Bar.
This project involves;
Nottingham internship Project 3
- Creating and designing concept and layouts
- Researching and choosing design treatments fixtures and fittings
- Creating detailed building elevations to scale (Existing and New)
- Creating accurate floor plans showing services and fire escape routes (for submission to building control)
- Completing a planning application for change of use
- Writing a detailed design access statement for the above application.
- Submitting the application and attending site meetings with the appropriate authorities if necessary.
The creation of disabled access to one of Nottingham’s finest grade 2 star listed buildings
- Creating accurate sections to scale
- Creating floor plans
- Liaising with suppliers of unique Mechanical Step lift device.
- Designing a new access door to replicate the original door (removed c 1840)
- Designing a disabled ramp to compliment the new door
- Creating a ground floor DDA compliant toilet
Nottingham internship Project 4
- Potentially design a traditional garden to replace the current car park
- Liaise with the planning department/English Heritage and submit the listed buildings application and planning application
Residential interior project
- Taking Client brief and producing a mood board and brief to feed back to the client
- Sourcing suppliers for interior products including Furniture, Lighting, Soft furnishings accents and other items.
- Designing the layout and producing visuals
- Presenting finished design to client
- Liaising with product suppliers and negotiating prices
- Chairing meetings project team prior to and throughout commence
- Redesigning the building fabric to provide insulation in line with the code to sustainable homes
- Implementing sustainable renewable technology for heating and underfloor heating.
We seek an individual with a passionate interest in, and empathy for both old buildings & new builds.
In addition to design as mentioned above you will also be given planning application projects to progress from inception to completion. Don’t worry if you have not had experience in this area – you’ll learn fast. More importantly you will gain an understanding of the commercial realities of good architecture and interior design and the financial considerations involved in a real live project. This experience will help boost your future career prospects and gain you a superb reference which can be backed up with planning documents in the public domain.
We require some of the following skills;
- CAD literacy: for example Vectorworks and Sketchup experience, excellent presentation skills and knowledge of graphics packages, PhotoShop and InDesign are preferred
- An ability to carry out accurate measured surveys and to draw by hand, produce technical detailed drawings and exhibit an understanding of materials and craft skills
- Great communication, organisational and observational abilities, and a meticulous attention to detail
- A proven ability to write clearly, including note taking and report writing
- An interest in interior design
- Creative design skills
- Enthusiasm and optimism
If you have any interest in our Nottingham internships please send your CV and covering note by clicking here
or better still call me (David) on 0115 8241444