Position: Maintenance Officer / Handyman
Responsible To: Facilities Manager
- Providing a pro-active and re-active maintenance service throughout commercial properties within close proximity of each other
- Carrying out; routine duties, pre-planned maintenance, repairs and other specific facilities related works requiring both skilled and un-skilled labour.
- Providing responsive and professional general maintenance / caretaking duties as part of a maintenance team, tending to serviced offices and reporting back to head office.
- Carrying out routine compliance duties on set schedule while maintaining an audit trail and reporting faults / issues.
- Projecting a positive company image whilst conducting yourself professionally as part of a facilities maintenance team.
- Work through a given daily jobs list in an organised fashion, independently as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To carry out general maintenance and building maintenance to commercial properties and serviced offices as directed by the Facilities Co-Ordinator. Daily duties to include specific jobs list / repairs, pro-active maintenance, emergency repairs and pre-planned works as part of a larger team.
You will be required to work independently and as part of a team of maintenance officers to complete tasks. A good understanding of health & safety is required, along with a professional attitude to present a good image and promote a safe working environment. The job will require you to establish good knowledge of the buildings worked in with frequent general maintenance checks to build a list of repairs you can then action directly and audit.
General repair works may include specific skills from time to time, a general good knowledge of DIY / handyman skills is required to maintain the interior & exterior of commercial buildings, fittings & equipment in a cost effective manner. General repair tasks may include some aspects of plumbing, basic joinery & painting etc.
Important routine compliance works will be scheduled and must be carried out on time and in an organised fashion with a good audit trail. Defects and issues found during routine compliance checks should be reported to head office for instructions to be issued.
You will be part of a team carrying out works complaint with building and H&S regulations, you will work on small projects which can include office refurbishments and other refurbishment works within commercial properties. Larger tasks are likely to be carried out as part of a team of skilled & unskilled maintenance officers.
You will be maintaining commercial properties within close proximity of each other in Leicester initially however the ideal candidate would be willing to travel as and when required and therefore a driving license is preferred.
You will be expected to log hours worked on jobs using our mobile facilities management app, company phone will be provided. You will be required to be contactable at all times during work hours via phone and radio provided.
Tools, PPE & uniform will be provided.
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Good general handyman / DIY skillset.
- Able to handle customer complaints and resolve problems efficiently.
- Flexible, focused, sensible, professional and self-motivated.
- Self-reliant and responsible.
- Driving licence ideal but not essential.
- Physically capable of moving equipment / furniture.
- Good practical working knowledge of H&S compliance.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Adhering to guidelines, policies and able to follow orders effectively.