Role / Title: Facilities Coordinator
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Liaises with: Facilities Team, Cleaning, other contractors, external suppliers
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Facilities Department manages the Maintenance, Cleaning, Security/Fire, Telecommunications, Post and Supplies for the Exeid Head office and its associated buildings, working with preferred suppliers to provide essential services and maintenance.
The role of the Facilities Coordinator is:
To provide an effective front desk service, including:
- Liaising with heads of departments and staff to identify their facilities related requirements and propose and manage cost-effective solutions
- Providing an effective response to customer queries and complaints (written and via website portal) where applicable, and to forward any others to relevant departments.
- To support the work of the department in service monitoring and supplier management, ensuring that the required standards are maintained both front (FOH) and back of House (BOH).To provide administrative support to enable the Facilities department to function effectively and efficiently.
Facilities service desk co-ordination
- Provide a first line contact for the Facilities Department for all internal and external customers/contractors.
- Participate in Facilities rota, acting as the first port of call for Facilities queries and provide back-up to facilities staff to ensure projects go smoothly.
- Manage the issuing and cancellation of security fobs/keys to staff and contractors
- Manage key and lock changes to offices, including ordering of supplies
- Operate and manage energy and waste management processes and contract
- Coordinate the mobile phones within the company, monitoring usage and purchasing and maintenance of all handsets and equipment.
- Implement requests and changes to the signage package for the company on an ongoing basis and ensure an up to date service is maintained.
- Order and manage all furniture requests for the buildings.
- Ensure the Facilities service offered to the clients suits customer needs.
- Carry out weekly BOH and FOH walk rounds, ensuring the building fabric is in good order, noting any defects and raising with line manager. Coordinate follow up on action items
- Assist line manager to monitor service standards in Front of House areas, including cleaning.
- Monitor the active jobs logged on the FixMe
- Recommend improvements that could be made to the department.
- Review and make recommendations to maintain building integrity, maintaining accurate records as required.
- Liaise with building contractors to follow through on approved work.
- Assist line manager to ensure that the company complies with all statutory regulations and codes of practice; liaise with all Local Authority, statutory representatives and groups as appropriate.
- Liaise with inspectors to ensure buildings remains compliant.
- Assist in the compliance of existing Health and Safety policy, safe working practices and best practice, liaising closely with line Manager.
- Attend regular management meetings with in house suppliers and note follow up actions as required.
Working to department guidelines and standard procedures:
- Operate and maintain an effective filing system for the department.
- Record and monitor all costs and expenses for all Facilities budgets (Administration, Cleaning, Security, and Building).
- Process invoices, and produce reports for all the budgets and liaising closely with the Finance Department and Operations Department.
- Manage and maintain the ‘approved contractor’ register, to include liaising with other departments along with external providers.
- Manage and maintain stationary supplies for the Facilities Department, whilst overseeing the stationary contractor.
- Obtain monthly reports from various suppliers outlining the service used or provided.
- Follow through any changes to the disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure building plans are kept up to date.
- Assist with preparing and tendering contracts within the Facilities department ensuring commercial competitiveness.
- Provide administrative support to line manager, arranging meetings, filing etc.
- Provide administrative support for departmental meetings, including preparing and circulating agendas, taking minutes and monitoring agreed actions.
- Effective front desk service, follow up on requests and customer handling
- Effective facilities service monitoring and follow up with suppliers to ensure standards are met
- Effective administrative support to the department and record keeping
- Effective teamwork, flow of information and multi-skilling to provide cover across team